If you are a US resident, we may be required to collect your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to comply with United States tax law and regulations. We use your TIN to provide tax forms related to your activity on our platform.
A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws. It is issued either by the Social Security Administration (SSA) or by the IRS.
You can find more information on TINs here.
Examples of Taxpayer Identification Numbers
- Social Security number "SSN"
- Employer Identification Number "EIN"
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number "ITIN"
- Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. Adoptions "ATIN"
- Preparer Taxpayer Identification Number "PTIN"
How to provide your TIN on Okcoin
Sign in to Okcoin.com, go to the profile icon and choose Identity verification from the dropdown menu.
There, you can provide the following information to verify your identity, including your TIN:
- Full legal name that's on your government issued ID
- Date of birth
- Country and state of residence
- Photo of government issued ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number