Last Updated: December 18, 2020
Thank you for visiting OKCoin.com (“OKCoin” or the “Site”). Your use of the Site is being provided by one of the following parties (collectively, as “"we", "our", or "us"):
- OKCoin USA Inc., a U.S. Delaware corporation, if you are a U.S. or Canadian resident in one of our operating states or provinces. More details can be found on our Licenses Page
- OKCoin Europe LTD, a Malta limited liability company, if you are a resident of one of the European Union member states and the United Kingdom;
- OKCoin Pte Ltd, a Singapore limited liability company, if you are a resident of Singapore or Brunei who registered on or after 15 October 2019; or
- OKCoin Technology Company Limited, a Hong Kong registered corporation, if you are a resident of all other approved countries.
“Digital Asset” means a digital asset (also called a “virtual financial asset”, “convertible virtual currency”, “cryptocurrency”, “virtual currency”, “digital currency”, “digital commodity”, or “digital payment token”), such as bitcoin or ether, which is based on the cryptographic protocol of a computer network that may be (i) centralized or decentralized, (ii) closed or open-source, and (iii) used as a medium of exchange and/or store of value.
“Personal Data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other data, enables you to be directly or indirectly identified, such as your name, email address, username, contact details, identification number, location data, an online identifier such as IP address, device ID or one or more factors specific to the physical, economic, cultural or social identity of you.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
OKCoin collects, processes, and stores Personal Data via your use of the Service or where you have given your consent. This Personal Data may include contact details, copies of identification documentation provided by you or derived from publicly accessible databases, your government identification number as well as information relating to your device or internet service (such as an IP address and a MAC number).
In addition, we conduct business and collect Personal Data from individuals and entities located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We are required to protect Personal Data processed in the EEA in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). To understand more about how we protect the data collected from individuals and entities located within the EEA, please see the details below.
We collect information you provide during the OKCoin on-boarding process, which may be a completed, incomplete, or abandoned process. We also collect Personal Data when you communicate with us through customer support, subscribe to marketing communications, correspond with us by phone, email, or other communication channels, or when you conduct a transaction on our website. We may actively or automatically collect, use, store, or transfer your Personal Data, which may include, without limitation, the following:
- Personal identification information such as name, email, phone number, nationality, date of birth, address, and government identification information;
- Institutional details such as corporate legal name, corporate registration information, government identification number, proof of identity and legal existence, address, business description, and beneficial owner information;
- Commercial information such as data related to transactions conducted on our website;
- Financial information such as bank account information;
- Correspondence Information such as communication with our customer support and response to user survey;
- Information required by regulatory agencies such as state and federal licensing authorities and consumer protection agencies; and
- Other identifiers such as device fingerprint data, IP address, and geolocation
4. COLLECTION AND TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
As outlined above, we collect Personal Data from customers located in the EEA. To facilitate the services we provide to customers located in the EEA, we request explicit consent for the transfer of Personal Data from the EEA to outside of the area. If you are an individual located in the EEA and you decline to consent to such transfer, you will no longer be able to use OKCoin and our services. You will have the ability to withdraw your digital assets and fiat currency; however, all other functionalities will be disabled.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
OKCoin uses Personal Data to administer, deliver, improve, and personalize the Service for you and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also use such data to communicate with you in relation to other products or services offered by OKCoin and/or its partners.
You agree that OKCoin has the right to share your Personal Data with:
- Member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, holding companies and companies under common control including their respective contractors, affiliates, employees or representatives;
- Our service providers and other third parties who assist us in providing Service to you and/or as required or permitted by law or professional standards;
- Entities in connection with any financing, acquisition or dissolution proceedings which involve disclosing certain portion or all of our business or assets; and
- Law enforcement agencies and authorities, officers, regulators or other third parties to comply with any law, court order, subpoenas or government requests.
Additionally, we have implemented international standards to prevent money laundering, terrorist financing and circumventing trade and economic sanctions, which requires us to undertake due diligence on our customers. This may include the use of third-party data and service providers which we will cross-reference with your personal information.
6. HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, a destination outside of the country of your residence. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your residence who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing, except customers located in the EEA, as detailed above.
7. ACCESS CORRECTION, AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data upon request and ascertain whether the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. If any of your Personal Data is inaccurate, you may request to update your information. You may also request to delete your Personal Data, with exception that we may refuse your deletion request in certain circumstances, such as compliance with law or legal purposes. For data access, correction, or deletion requests, or to request withdrawal of your previously provided consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “DATA INQUIRY”.
In response to data access, correction, or deletion request, we will verify the requesting party’s identity to ensure that he or she is legally entitled to make such request. While we aim to respond to these requests free of charge, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee should your request be repetitive or onerous. Please note that you may not be able to continue receiving the Services, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent.
Customers can opt out from these marketing communications at any moment. If you do not want to receive these communications, please send an email to email@example.com.
For product related communications, such as policy/terms updates and operational notifications, you will not be able to opt out of receiving such information.
9. COOKIE USAGE
While you access OKCoin, we may use the industry practice of placing a small amount of data that will be saved by your browser (Cookies). This information can be placed on your computer or other devices used to visit OKCoin. This information helps us recognize you as a customer, collect information about your use of OKCoin to better customize our services and better your experience. We may also use the information collected to ensure compliance with our Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) program (“BSA/AML Program”), and to ensure your account security has not been compromised by detecting irregular or suspicious account activities.
Most browsers are setup to accept cookies automatically. Some Cookies expire when you finalize the session and other Cookies remain on your computer or other devices until deleted or expired. You have the option to decline the use of our Cookies, but this may affect the functionality of OKCoin services or your user experience.
10. INFORMATION SECURITY
We endeavor to protect OKCoin and you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Data we collect and store. We take various measures to ensure information security, including encryption of the OKCoin communications with SSL; required two-factor authentication for all sessions; periodic review of our Personal Data collection, storage, and processing practices; and restricted access to your Personal Data on a need-to-know basis for our employees and vendors who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
11. CONTACTING OKCOIN ABOUT PRIVACY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
For customers from EEA, you have right to make compliant for unresolved questions in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data to the applicable supervisory authority within your jurisdiction.