Last Updated: July 26, 2019
We will respond to law enforcement requests from authorized law enforcement officials with proof of authority. This Law Enforcement Request Guide explains how authorized law enforcement officials can engage and contact us to request customer information.
To facilitate the processing, we require the requests be addressed to the specific legal entity(ies). In the event that the relevant agency is not sure which entity the request shall be addressed to, please list all relevant legal entities in the legal process documents, with proper Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty related documents if cross-border law enforcement is involved. As disclosed in our Terms of Services, services of okcoin.com is being provided by the following entities, depending on the user’s residency:
- OKCoin USA Inc. which is a U.S. corporation, if the user is a resident in a U.S. State and permitted to deposit or withdraw fiat and digital assets to commence digital asset trading;
- OKCoin USA Digital Assets Inc. which is a U.S. corporation, if the user is a resident in a U.S. State and permitted to deposit or withdraw only digital assets to commence digital asset trading;
- OKCoin Europe LTD which is a Malta corporation, if the user is a resident of a country in the European Union, or
- OKCoin Technology Company Limited which is a Hong Kong corporation, if the user is a resident of none of the above countries.
- OKCoin Cyprus Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of OKCoin Technology Limited with registered address at Souliou, 11, Vamiko 5, 1st Floor, Flat/Office 14, Strovolos, 2018, Nicosia, Cyprus and operational address at Athalassas 51, Strovolos 2012, Nicosia, Cyprus, acts as an agent of OKCoin Technology Limited for selected services available to clients of OKCoin Technology Limited.
2. FOR U.S. LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Subpoena: it must be issued in connection with an official criminal investigation for disclosure of the customer information records defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2703(c)(2).
- Court order: it must be issued under 18 U.S.C. § 2703(d), disclosure of the customer information records is defined in the same U.S.C.
- Search warrant: it must be issued under the procedures described in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure or equivalent state warrant procedures upon a showing of probable cause for the disclosure of any stored content.
Please contact the following email address for U.S. law enforcement requests: lawenforcement_OKCoinUSA@okcoin.com
3. FOR EUROPEAN LAW ENFORCEMENT
Please contact the following email address for European law enforcement requests:
4. FOR ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT
Please contact the following email address for all other enforcement requests:
5. INFORMATION REQUESTS GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
To aid the expeditious review of information requests, law enforcement officers please include at least the following information in the request email:
- Name of the law enforcement authority;
- Proof that the officer is authorized to request the information (proof of authority) and current position within the law enforcement organization;
- Proof of identification of the officer within the law enforcement organization (e.g. badge number, internal ID number);
- Email address from a government domain;
- Contact information (email address, number) from the governmental organization;
- The name(s) of the specific legal entity(ies) that this request is addressed to; If it is unclear which entity shall be addressed to, please include all applicable entities;
- Details of the request, including:
- Subpoena identifier-number in the subject line;
- How we should authenticate the subpoena, such as call-back procedure;
- Any public address or transaction IDs in text format or an Excel file (not PDF);
- State a reasonable deadline; and
- Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty request for cross-border law enforcement (if applicable).
6. EMERGENCY REQUESTS
For extremely urgent requests, such as when there is risk of death or serious physical danger to a person, please state URGENT REQUEST in the Subject Line.