We work with law enforcement and will respond to law enforcement requests from authorized law enforcement officials with proof of authority. This Law Enforcement Request Guide explains how authorized law enforcement officials can engage and contact us to request customer information.
2. FOR US LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Subpoena: it must be issued in connection with an official criminal investigation for disclosure of the customer information records defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2703(c)(2).
- Court order: it must be issued under 18 U.S.C. § 2703(d), disclosure of the customer information records is defined in the same U.S.C.
- Search warrant: it must be issued under the procedures described in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure or equivalent state warrant procedures upon a showing of probable cause for the disclosure of any stored content.
3. FOR EUROPEAN LAW ENFORCEMENT
4. FOR ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT
5. INFORMATION REQUESTS
To aid the expeditious review of information requests, law enforcement officers should provide in the request email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of the law enforcement authority;
- Proof that the officer is authorized to request the information (proof of authority) and current position within the law enforcement organization;
- Proof of identification of the officer within the law enforcement organization (e.g. badge number, internal ID number);
- Email address from a government domain;
- Contact information (email address, number) from the governmental organization;
- The name of the specific legal entity where you require the information from:
- Within US: OKCoin USA Inc. and OKCoin USA Digital Assets Inc.
- Within Europe: OKCoin Europe LTD
- Elsewhere: OKB Technology Company Limited
- Specifics of request, including
- Subpoena identifier-number in the subject line
- How we should authenticate the subpoena, such as call-back procedure
- Any public address or transaction IDs in text format or an Excel file (not PDF)
- State a reasonable deadline
- Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty request for international law enforcement
6. EMERGENCY REQUESTS
For extremely urgent requests, such as when there is risk of death or serious physical danger to a person, please state URGENT REQUEST in the Subject Line.