Dear Valued Customers,
Ever since Bitcoin Cash was activated, the Bitcoin developer community has been constantly improving the Bitcoin network. It is expected that there will be up to seven Bitcoin hard forks this December. We, OKCoin, are a company dedicated to Bitcoin and digital asset applications, with a goal to provide our best services to all of our users, we would try to support all the major Bitcoin technology development paths and we believe we should provide as much options as possible to our end customers.
OKCoin is pleased to launch the “Chain Split Token” scheme. Details are as follow:
1. OKCoin will take a snapshot of users’ account every time a BTC hard fork occurs (at the predetermined block height), if the hard fork supports replay protection and proper splitting.
2. OKCoin will issue hard fork tokens according to the users’ spot BTC balance as of the snapshot. All hard fork tokens will be directly deposited to your OKEx Spot Account.
3. OKEx will support BTC hard fork token withdrawals when our wallet is ready and when the hard fork Blockchain can prevent replay attacks. Users can decide how to dispose of the hard fork tokens.
4. Borrowers and lenders will not be issued hard fork tokens. If you wish to collect hard fork tokens, please consider repaying and then refinancing after the fork.
5. OKCoin will not support forks that do not distribute tokens proportionately to existing BTC holders. OKCoin’s cold wallet is secured by layers of protection that prevents frequent transfers. If you wish to receive such forked token, please withdraw your BTC to another platform.
OKCoin friendly reminder: Digital assets are high-risk investments and users should fully understand the risks and consequences prior to trading.
OKCoin will continue to provide the best products and services to our users.
December 11, 2017